Friday, May 28, 2010

Post #2 from Lindsay: Why Does Anyone Move?

My husband and I have recently acquired a beautiful baby girl who for the last 6 months has joined us on our daily 2-hour commute to our jobs. We live 7 miles from work, however, between us and work lies a giant 300-foot deep, 38-mile long chasm filled with fresh water known as Cayuga Lake.
There have been schemes hatched about getting a boat and working out dockage on both sides of the lake, but due to various logistical barriers, including a boat that just won't run when we get it to water's edge but will start on command within the confines of our yard with no trouble, we have scrapped the idea.
Getting back to our daughter, I have been lucky enough for the first six months of her life to bring her along to work with me. I have wonderful employers. That time now is coming to a close. It's hard for me because I'd really love to keep her at work but she is getting to the point where she needs to have a day care situation.
Truthfully the thought of leaving her with someone else has been one of the biggest heartaches of my life. It's amazing how you change when you become a parent. How someone can have such a death grip on your emotions and yet be so innocent and blissfully unaware of it themselves. You wonder if they will ever know just how much you unconditionally love them. What a sappy mother I am.
So with a new expense at our feet, daycare, one place in our budget that could be trimmed is gas expenses. Other benefits of getting closer to our jobs would be more time in the day not spent in the car. I can tell you for a fact that 2 hours a day of forced confinement with your spouse is good for your relationship but it might be boarder line overkill couples therapy.
We would also be closer to our family who also lives an hour away from our current home. It's time to sell.

Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment